To bisect an angle means that we divide the angle into two equal parts without actually measuring the angle. Each point of an angle bisector is equidistant from the sides of the angle.
- Draw an angle.
- Center the compass at vertex of the given angle and draw an arc intersecting both sides of it. We get 1 and 2
- Center the compass at point 1 and draw an arc.
- With the same measure center it at point 2 and draw another arc.
- Where these arcs cross we get point 3.
- If we join point 3 with the vertex of the angle we get the angle bisector.
- Try it yourself. Bisecting an angle.