Lines in Art: IMPLIED LINES, simplicity to complexity.
A.- Lines create forms:Use an A4 sheet of paper and draw a shape with a pencil.You will have to work as the following example with a felt pen. When finished, erase the pencil. Do not use a ruler!.
Here you will find another example: La línea y la almeja.
Take a sheet of paper and create drawings using a continuous line (outline), similar to those you have seen in the video.
- The ARTIST's Toolkit: LINE. Work in Line and Edge and Outline.
- Artist: Pablo Picasso. Have a look to this slideshow: Dibujos de un solo trazo: PICASSO.
- Create your own drawing only with ONE LINE with this online tool: trazotool.
- Another tool to use: Dibujator.
- ArtPad. You will use a special mouse depending on the line size. And replay!
- Brushster: Have a look to this presentation. Now, you can create your own non-representational (abstract) piece of art with Brushster.
- Artist: Keith Haring. Look at these videos:
Let's play with the semaphor disks:
Now you can play with Haring.
- Artist: George Seurat (pointillism). Click here to go to a new game. You will learn about line types and composition.
- Artist: Robert Delaunay. Click here to play.