Georges Seurat invented the technique known as Pointillism, which uses tiny dots instead of broad strokes to put the paint on the canvas. The individual dots of red, yellow and blue are sucked in through your eyes and mixed up in your head to create a variety of shimmering shades.
Click here to see an hiperrealistic and pointillist video: http://vimeo.com/33091687.
Jackson Pollock (Jack the Dripper) was an American painter and a major figure in the abstract expressionist movement. Pollock's technique of pouring and dripping paint is thought to be one of the origins of the term action painting.
Alexander Calder is the most representative cinetic art sculptor.
Wassily Kandinsky (1866-1944) was a Russian-born artist who is often credited as being one of the first modern artists to create abstract art. Kandinsky's goal was to use brilliant color with geometric shapes, lines and points to create images that had no symbolic, figurative, or narrative elements.
DOTS, HUGE DOTS
Sonia Delaunay (November 14, 1885 – December 5, 1979) was a Jewish-French artist who, with her husband Robert Delaunay and others, cofounded the Orphism art movement, noted for its use of strong colours and geometric shapes. Her work extends to painting, textile design and stage set design.
- Proyecto Agrega - El puntillismo. Pointillism. To work with pointillism online. In Spanish.
- Pointillism online fun!. Pointillism. Paint with a pointillator!!.
- Pollock interactive. Dripping Art. It’s a simple click and move the mouse around affair, but the feeling of the paint splodging around is surprisingly pleasant. Each click changes the color. Enjoy!
- Mobiles, Calder style. Cinetic Art. Drag forms, create your own balanced mobile and make it move.
- Kandinsky's kaleidoscope. Geometric Art. Play around with the controls at the bottom right to create geometric art with a kaleidoscope motion!.
- Gaudi's mosaics. Observa los mosaicos del parque Güel y luego haz tú mismo un mosaico a mano (collage).
- Pixelator, "píxel" style.
- Post'it art creator. Another tool to work with píxeles.
- Kusama's world of dots. Work asYayoi Kusama.