Friday 1 October 2010

Our language assistants

As we are part of the Bilingual Programme, we will have two English language assistants for this academic year 2010/11. They are Andrew and George. They will be helping and supporting you and me in our Art classes.

So... Andrew, George, I want to welcome you to our highschool. I am sure we will enjoy this precious time together.

But it will be better you introduce yourselves...

ANDREW
Here is some information about myself and some videos / images. 
I was born in St. Louis on August 24, 1986. I studied political science, psychology, and Spanish at the University of Missouri.
This is a link to several photos of my university.
Here are some videos:




These are intro video for our football and basketball games.

GEORGE
My name is George Williams. I was born in New York City in 1988, but grew up in a small town about an hour southwest in New Jersey called Mendham. I come from a family of six with three sisters. My oldest sister, Emily, is an artist, the middle one, Meryl, is an actress, and my youngest, Rebecca, is studying at college. My parents, Mark and Karen, are both social workers. In May, I graduated from Syracuse University in upstate New York, where I studied Magazine Journalism and International Relations. I love to travel and have done so extensively in Latin America, including five months in Chile, two months in Mexico, one month in Ecuador, and two weeks in Brazil. While in Madrid, I hope to travel around Spain as well. I recently spent a weekend in San Sebastian in the north.

I am in Madrid for one year teaching English as a second language. I am excited because I have only taught English to adults previously, never before in a school setting. My other hobbies include reading, writing, and playing sports. I especially enjoy baseball, basketball, and golf. In general, I am a laid-back person who enjoys meeting new people and learning new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recuerda incluir SIEMPRE tu nombre, inicial de tu apellido y el curso (incluye la letra de tu grupo)